The Samsung Galaxy S4 has a Snapdragon 600 processor, 5 inch 1080p...
Google wants .lol top level domain
Google has announced some of the domains which they applied to create and own as ICANN brings this opportunity to an end. ICANN were allowing you to buy domains like: .geeks or .technology like .com, .net etc.
Here’s what Google said in a blog post.
In 2008, ICANN announced a program to expand the number of generic TLDs (think .com, .org, .edu), developed through its bottom-up, multi-stakeholder process, in which we participate. Given this expansion process, we decided to submit applications for new TLDs, which generally fall into four categories:
- Our trademarks, like .google
- Domains related to our core business, like .docs
- Domains that will improve user experience, such as .youtube, which can increase the ease with which YouTube channels and genres can be identified
- Domains we think have interesting and creative potential, such as .lol
We want to make the introduction of new generic TLDs a good experience for web users and site owners. So we will:
- Make security and abuse prevention a high priority
- Work with all ICANN-accredited registrars
- Work with brand owners to develop sensible rights protection mechanisms that build upon ICANN’s requirements
Source : Google Blog